Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Translate the blog

Τρίτη 7 Φεβρουαρίου 2012

Wooden Buckler Shield, 18"

A 18" buckler shield, made in my workshop.

Made of 20mm plywood.

The weight is a little more than I hoped for (it is 2,4kg) but the man using it in practice, said he does not mind it at all. It could be made lighter if 16mm ply is used but thicker lasts longer.

The advantage of using a wooden shield in practice is that it is kinder to wasters, thus prolonging their lives (and in my woodlover's opinion, they are beautiful). Another point is that in making them, I take care to make all parts replaceable. So if a part gets hurt, one can keep the rest of the shield and change only what needs to be changed.


18" buckler shield






With a beautiful grip (one screw still missing from the boss, I added it later)





Plenty of room for the hand

Finished with linseed oil and beeswax.


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου